Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unconditional Love


Acts 20:24 None of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself . . .

There are not many things more disturbing to a writer than to sit at the key board and be at a loss for words that make sense. (Can I get an AMEN, Eileen?) You want to share some profound wisdom but each additional word turns your efforts to mush. Such has been my morning’s writing. That’s when I know it is coming from my efforts and not the Lord’s leading.

God gave me the marching orders to write and share the day-to-day life lessons He teaches me through Truth in the Morning. I’m not writing a deep theological essay here each day. I just share how He is moving in my life. I believe He uses me in this way so people can recognize themselves and situations in their own lives and be more aware of Him moving in them. I don’t know that is His plan but I do know it is easier to ‘see a sermon’ than hear one.

So this morning I did my reading/studying/praying I do every morning. I sat down at the computer feeling prepared to write. Nothing…nothing came from my source, my Lord. I’m writing from my bedroom this morning, sitting on the edge of my bed because I am doing a lot of painting in the house, demo in places and rearranging the way I live in the house. There seems to be as much upheaval in my home as there is in my life at the moment. As I sat waiting for words to line up, Nikos and Pan Dulce, my pups, snuggled up behind me and leaned against my back. It felt warm and reassuring. I looked over my shoulder at them and said, “Aww, you’ve got my back.” That’s when the Holy Tap came.

A simple day-to-day life lesson reminder from God. He has my back in the midst of upheaval and chaos. His presence is warm and supportive. He can use two small dogs as a reminder to me of His never-ending love for me. Deep and theological…no. The Lord is everywhere, in everything and shows Himself all the time; we just need to be sensitive to the things He shows us.  

No comments: