Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love Song


Daniel 7:13-14  "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the ANCIENT OF DAYS and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”

I love it when God drops a song in my head and heart first thing in the morning. When it happens, I sing…sometimes aloud, sometimes in my head, but the song is the tune to which my spirit dances! I think it is a form of meditation. If the lyrics resound in your mind over and over, it only makes sense to me to make a point of pondering them. This morning I was blessed to have a favorite song of praise greet me: The Ancient of Days. Just look at those beautiful words! How can you possibly be in a bad mood with those acclamations of glory and power to the Most High?

Blessing and honor
Glory and power
Be unto the Ancient of days
From every nation
All of creation
Will bow before the Ancient of days
Every tongue in heaven and earth will declare Your glory
Every knee shall bow at Your throne and worship
You will be exalted, oh God,
And Your kingdom shall not pass away Oh Ancient of days
Your kingdom shall reign over all the earth
Sing unto the Ancient of days
For none can compare to your matchless worth
Sing unto the Ancient of days

That’s my song for today, pretty awesome, huh? Thank you, Lord, for the blessing. I will sing unto the Ancient of Days!

No comments: