Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Better Than New


Isaiah 1:18 Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow.

God has such a sense of humor. After my reference to This Old House yesterday, I received in my In-Box the ‘This Old House Newsletter.’ I do subscribe to it, it didn’t just pop in but God could have made that happen had He so desired. The headline title is what made me laugh. http://f.chtah.com/i/31/1113847925/spacer.gif
101 Clever Money-Savers From the TOH Cheapskate Hall of Fame….I fully expect to see my name in it!!

As I write this, I am in my living room. Looking around I see a room full of stuff, most of which is recycled, repainted, restored and re-purposed. There are a few things bought new, like the sectional couch but even that was marked down to less than half price due to a construction sale. I need esthetically pleasing things around me, but it is not necessary that they be new, costly or trendy. For me, finding a treasure and making it work in my environment is the thrill. I ‘see’ things as they can be, not so much as they are. If it needs paint or other tweaking, so much the better.

There are two night stands in my bedroom at this moment that once were one piece, an antique gentleman’s armoire. When it was no longer needed in that state, I cut it in half and made the night stands. It still has the appeal of an older piece I like so much and one part has three drawers for storage, the other has one drawer and a shelf for holding books. It is still functional, maintains its character and makes me smile. What else do you need?

I, for one, am thankful that God looks at me through eyes that ‘see’ me as I can be, pure and righteous, rather than eyes that only see the scars of life, the fading of youth, the string of failures and the stains of sin. I, too, have been “recycled, repainted, restored and re-purposed” by the blood of Jesus Christ! There is nothing ‘Cheapskate’ about the cost to restore me. I am not bargain basement, outdated, useless or beyond repair. I am the restored daughter of The King, loved and highly favored. And, my Friend, so are you!

No comments: