Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Strength in Him


We all face times in our lives when we think we ‘just can’t take one more thing.’ We have been beaten up by the world and/or our circumstances and our emotional and spiritual strength is drained. Teetering on the edge, we feel vulnerable and unable to cope should ‘just one more thing’ come along to knock us down. That’s the bad news, life will always come swinging at us ready to knock us off our feet.

The good news is we don’t have to worry about having the strength in and of ourselves because, as followers of Christ, we are assured we have His strength and power to hold us up when we can’t stand on our own. No matter how often we may fall on our faces or backsides, He will pick us up and stand us upright again. Getting knocked down is a problem, but it is a real and life-altering issue of knowing with all that is in us we can depend on Christ Jesus and His strength to get back up.

It helps me to read scripture. I’m not so good at memorizing, so I make copies I can read. I’m listing 10 inspirational Bible verses about strength, just in case someone else needs it, too.

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

1 Chronicles 19:13 Be strong, and let us use our strength for our people and for the cities of our God, and may the LORD do what seems good to him.”

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Habakkuk 3:19 GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.

Philippians 4:12-13 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  (13)  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1Peter 4:11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies–in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: