Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Now We Wait

Did the title of today's writing cause you to wince? I don't know anyone that's always good at waiting. Different people are stressed by waiting over different things. What bothers one may not bug the next person. I, for one, do not get crazy waiting in line at the grocery store. I figure everyone has the same right to be in line as I and do not begrudge them their spot in front of me. They simply finished earlier.

However, there are times where waiting makes me insane. I hate waiting on things to download on the computer. Auggggghhhhh....can't stand that. I hate to wait for someone to reply to an e-mail question. I read my e-mails all the time. I know people that only check them every 4 days or so. WHY??!! What's the point of having modern technology if you don't utilize it??!! Different strokes for different folks.

Even when waiting on the Lord, some things are harder to wait for than others. I am patiently waiting on the Lord for my complete physical healing. That doesn't stress me. However, in other things I prefer answers and action now. Waiting is much harder in these times. God showed me something many years ago. You see, I'm a planner. I like to plan. I plan everything. God laughs at my plans on a regular basis.

We planners like to know what to expect, a timeline we can count on; where and when the road takes a turn. Can you hear God chuckling even as I write this? What He showed me, queen planner that I am, was that until I stepped out in faith on Step A with a foot in the air in anticipation of Step B, He wasn't going to even show me where Step B is!!! Nope, no way am I getting a glimpse of the path before me without that raised foot of obedient anticipation.

Remember the old kid game called Blind Man Bluff where your eyes were covered and you just stepped in the direction of the voices you heard? God is the ultimate voice to follow. He will guide your footsteps far better than any sibling ever dreamed of doing and He won't get a kick out of watching you fall down like a little brother will. The trick is to wait for the instructions and follow His voice. The sooner we understand that God isn't intimidated by our plans or demands, the better we get at waiting on Him. The more we know Him, the more we can trust Him. Then waiting on His timing can be exciting because we know we have something awesome to look forward to.

I love garden design and any good designer will tell you to add pathways that wind around offering something new and interesting for the traveler around every corner. God created the Garden of Eden; the ultimate garden from the Master Gardener. Stroll down the path on which He places you; enjoy the turns and twists. Makes waiting much more interesting and rewarding!

No comments: