Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just One Piece of the Puzzle


1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I ran across an interesting analogy this morning. As members of the body of Christ, we can be compared to pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Each piece has protrusions and indentations. The protrusions represent our strengths (gifts, talents, abilities), and the indentations represent our weaknesses (faults, limitations, shortcomings, undeveloped areas). The beautiful thing is that the pieces complement one another and produce a beautiful whole.

Just as each piece of a puzzle is important, so each member of the body is important and can minister to the other members of the body. And just as when one piece is missing from a puzzle, its absence is very obvious.

My mother liked to put puzzles together. She could sit for hours on end, late into the night working on one. My grandson, Douglas, enjoys them as does one of my best friends, Helen. It didn’t move fast enough for me so I never really got into it. I admire the patience it must take to search and place each piece in the perfect spot.

God does the same thing. He takes what looks like a lot of random individuals and works them into His big picture. He crafted each piece to add to the beauty to His picture. He knows the role each individual will play. I’d go as far as to say He places each one next to someone that needs what the other has to offer. As the first paragraph said, we all have strengths and weaknesses. It is no coincidence the people in your life are there. Together we are stronger. Together we can do more than any one of us alone. God places us where we need to be for maximum benefit to all.
 
Aren’t you glad our God has a plan and purpose for each of us that fit perfectly into His picture? I am so thankful He is patient to seek us! I may be but one piece of the puzzle but I know I am there because He choose me. How awesome is that?

No comments: