Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Rebuking Rejection

At one time or another, everyone deals with rejection. No one is immune. Rejection can leave you feeling a mixed bag of unhealthy emotions ranging from unworthiness to a self-destructive identity crisis. Here's something to remember when fireballs of rejection head your way:

God saw and approved of you while you were still in your mother's womb. (Ps. 139:13-16). He gave you survival tools that would bring you to the place you are today. He is our Father that waits for us to come home to the truth – the truth that will set you free (John 8:32).

I'm listing some reference verses to look up and read to remind you when thoughts and feeling of rejection haunt you that you are a beloved child of God. His Word is your shield against all fiery darts of the enemy (Eph 6:16,17).

Ephesians
(1:3)I am blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places in Christ
(1:4) I am chosen by You, my Father
(1:5) I am Your child according to the good pleasure of Your will
(1:6) I am accepted in the Beloved
(1:11) I am an heir
(2:10) I am Your workmanship
(2:15) I am a new creation
(2:19) I am of Your household
(3:16) I am strengthened with might by Your Spirit
(3:17) I allow Christ to dwell in my heart by faith. I am rooted and grounded in love
(4:23) I am renewed in the spirit of my mind
Romans 8:37 I am more than a conqueror
Revelations 12:11 I am an overcomer
1 Peter 2:24 I am healed
John 8:36 I am free
1 John 5:4 I am victorious

Friends, when we experience rejection, we tend to cling on to those hurts and injuries. I bet right now you can recall more than one rejection from your past. It's time to stop giving them power over how we feel. Keep a copy of the verses above in your purse, wallet, briefcase, whatever. These are our weapons against the enemy of rejection when people or situations try to fan a fire against us. With them we can confidently declare, "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation – whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid? (Ps. 27:1)

 

No comments: