Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, December 3, 2010

High Voltage!

The other day, after getting the blog out and deep into the editing on Book 1, we had a power outage. Smack in the middle of my day's work …poof…the computer just popped off along with every other electrical thing in the house. This is has happened before. I decided a break from work wasn't all-bad. The normal power outage rarely takes long to be resolved somewhere on the electrical highway, so I was not concerned. Once upon a time, I would have freaked out to think I could lose my current work on the computer but I've come to learn that it saves it somewhere and brings it back up as a recovered document. I called my buddy, Helen, for some girl talk while I waited. (See me making lemonade out of this? Hehehe)

Time went on, the power was off longer than usual, so I called the local electric co-op for information. A recording answered saying they were aware I was without power…how did they know, I wondered. Was power out everywhere? Once I got a live person on the phone, I asked. He said they knew what area I was in because of my phone number, which I had not given them by the way. Their computers were obviously working. Which brings up a good question, do the power companies ever lose power?

There were approximately 70 households/entities without power. They did not know why but were in the process of trying to correct the situation. I told the nice young man I was in the middle of writing the next great American novel and needed my computer, wished them speedy results in fixing the problem and went back to my waiting. Power was restored a little later and all went back to normal.

After two hours of waiting this morning for the holy tap on my shoulder from God with His message, I had nothin'! I began to wonder if I was having a spiritual short circuit. I had finished my Bible reading, prayer time, and even reading of other Christian stuff. Still nothing! Hmmm…it has to be me because God IS power. So I leave you this morning with these reassuring words from Hebrews…..

For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power – making it active, operative, energizing and effective; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [that is, of the deepest parts of our nature] exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purpose of the heart.   Hebrews 4:12 AMP

Never a power outage there!

No comments: