Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Onward Thru the Fog - Revisited

On a recent weekend morning, upon waking, I was startled by how bright the sun was as it poured in my kitchen windows; I thought it was still early. My eyes are not use to waking up to sunlight, I’m typically a very early riser; darkness still abounds. Stumbling into the kitchen for that first cup of nectar of the gods, coffee, I was honestly startled by the glowing brightness. I then became a bit concerned about just HOW late it must be but it was only a little after 7, so that confused me even more. I confuse easily before coffee. To add to the confusion, when I looked out a living room window I saw it was very foggy! HUH!!?? It was so foggy I could barely see the outline of the house across the street.

OK, now my curiosity has surpassed the confusion and I headed out the front door to examine this craziness from our deck's vantage point. Yes, indeed, it was quite foggy, rather mysterious and surreal looking out over the valley in front of me like something from a hobbit movie. Yet, turn ever so slightly toward the east and the glow was overwhelming! It was awesome.

The first thought in my now less confused head was, "Isn't that just like God!!" We can be shrouded in foggy situations/problems/sins that seem all encompassing but God is still shining on all around us; even when we can't see His light. The glowing brightness that is God never goes away, we just focus on the fog.

I smiled that smile, you know, the one that always comes on our faces when we see a rainbow. You can't help yourself; you always smile that little comforting smile of reassurance because we know the promise that comes along with that rainbow. Maybe, just maybe, the next time you're in a fog, (whatever kind of fog it may be) you'll think about the glowing brightness that is all around and take comfort in knowing it's there even if you can't see it. You'll smile that little smile and walk on because of the promise HE is always there!

No comments: