Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Just a Thought

Often as I travel down the highways, especially in town with all the flyovers, I think how difficult it would be for the early Native Americans to envision such a thing. Imagine how blown away George Washington would be with the city of Washington, D.C.!

In my great grandmother's lifetime she saw many life altering changes. She told us stories about traveling by covered wagon, seeing a train for the first time, cars invented, and light bulbs in homes, air planes and air conditioning. I can picture her as a young girl with a mind full of curiosity and I knew her as an elderly woman with more stories to tell than you can imagine. Were she alive today, computers would be the norm. Do you think she could have ever comprehended the notion of that? Probably not.

So, all that being true and real in our natural world, doesn't it make sense that we with our puny finite minds can not begin to comprehend the vastness and complexities of God? I get frustrated with people normally considered intelligent when they argue that Godly supernatural abilities and characteristics can't possibly be real because they don't understand them. That seems a bit arrogant to me. I don't really understand how television comes into my home but I'm sure glad it does! If I had to perform brain surgery to save another's life or even to save my own, I could not! I wouldn't know where to even begin...other than to start praying for God's supernatural help!

One look into the star-filled night sky is enough to put perspective on how small we are compared to the vastness of God’s creation. So then, doesn’t it stand to reason that his supernatural abilities used in creating that vastness are greater still? Yes, Believers, the vastness of God is far more than we can comprehend, but aren't you glad it's there to tune into?!

No comments: