Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This is the Day....

"This is a day the Lord has made and we shall be glad and rejoice in it!"

These are the words I spoke when I woke this morning. I like to say these words every morning. I'm hearing scripture as the first sounds of my day.

Still, it doesn't take long for things to get out of kilter. When we put God first in our mornings, things typically go better the rest of the day. However, trouble finds us where ever we may be, even in the darkness before sunrise in a sleepy household. The confusion this morning was brought on because I had not followed my routines; I was doing things out of my usual order and that was throwing me out of whack.

Our household routines in running the home give us a much nicer place to be. Sadly, we as a family are out of whack and not functioning as smoothly as we could be because we have gotten off the routine wagon, if you will. We still cling to some tenaciously, but make excuses for the ones we don't get done.

Our faith walk is like that, confusion comes when we step out of the order of the Lord. Isn't that the way it is with life? We would rather focus on what we have done rather than own the things we have not. We make excuses for not going to church, even though the Bible tells us to have regular fellowship with other believers. We make excuses for not tithing because we have to pay more bills this week. We make excuses for our behavior because we don't want to admit, even to ourselves, that NO, Jesus would NOT be acting the way we are. We make choices that step out of the Lord's order and then wonder why things get crazy.

The thing is, the Lord doesn't move somewhere else, WE step out of line. If you're not feeling the peace of the Lord today, I highly recommend you look at your choices and see where you got off the path of God. It's not a fun task but a necessary one. I crave that peace and I'm the only one that can put myself back on His path; abandoning my poor choices, admitting my mistakes, repenting as I go and stepping out once again in the ways of the Lord. My prayer for each of us today is that we take those steps and walk in God’s peace!

No comments: