Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fresh Each Morning!

As a new day dawns, there is an air of newness; a fresh start, new chances. Hope becomes an option again, where the night before was littered with lost opportunities and abandoned intentions.

I know this to be true in my life. If you have known me any length of time at all, you have heard me talk about God’s mercies being new every morning. I talk about it because it is important and relevant in my life. I count on His new mercies. I NEED His fresh mercies. Because it is written in scripture, I can count on it.

I try to make a point of counting my blessings each evening and looking to see where God moved in my life but sometimes, more often than I like, I see the areas I did not meet the mark; where I failed….good intentions falling by the wayside. I remember the person I intended to call and encourage but didn’t. I recall the new healthy habit I wanted to incorporate into my daily routine that was not. I regret the time I didn’t spend in prayer…….the list goes on.

So, to have His Word telling me of His fresh and new mercies….ah, the comfort and love washes away my failings because He loves me in spite of me.

Mornings have always been my favorite time of the day. As an early riser, I appreciate the quiet stillness before life interrupts; before the noise of our hectic world barges in. No early morning TV for me; just the quiet time to seek God, to pray and to be thankful for His tender mercies fresh every morning!

Lamentations 3:22-25 (New Living Translation)

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.

No comments: