Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Keeping First Things First

As a Christian writer, one of my goals to is keep God first in everything I write. What good would it do me to pursue a successful career if God was not incorporated into every aspect of it? So, to that end, I daily look to God for divine inspiration and commit my writing to Him.

This morning alone, I have had four, count 'em, four false starts. I would have an idea, jump into writing and before you know, nearly a whole article was before me. Some were actually good. However, since they were not from God, I can not use them. Not for this platform, not at this time. I will save them and one day may get the godly nudge to release and use them. For now, they are tucked away in my Writing Projects file.

There may be any number of reasons I have not had that divine inspiration this morning. Perhaps my head is preoccupied with my plans for later on today. Perhaps my heart is not in the right place either. Could be anything but my guess is that it has something to do with ME being out of alignment. God is always in the right place, so it can't be Him.

When I do find myself floundering creatively, I find it helpful to go back and read my commitment again. It is titled Daily Writers Prayer and Affirmation for Lynn Bermea. This is very personal and specific to me and my aspirations but I feel I should share it at this time. When I read it again this morning, that familiar godly nudge showed up. I don't know the purpose behind the nudge to share but I hope someone gets something out of it. It is my heartfelt cry and prayer.

Daily Prayer and Affirmation for Lynn Bermea

Today is the first day of my new career as a writer. All the years of toying with the idea have come to an end. Today, I put words on paper with purpose and direction. Lord, I ask that you give me clarity and revelation about how to make this work. Where there is no structure in my life, help me to create it. When my mind starts to wander, help me take all rouge thoughts captive and guide them back to the task at hand. Where my physical strength falters, boost my endurance and help me run the good writers race.

Lord, I want to help my husband with the financial burden of maintaining our household and the maintenance of our home. Help me to keep focused to that end.

Lord, give me clarity of mind and creative juices that will bring words to life in any thing I write. Help to promote my business and market it to the exact people you would have me doing business with. Open doors of opportunity and help me walk through with confidence that my words and efforts will be in the client’s best interest. Help me, Lord, to never put my personal agenda above making this business prosperous. It is not fame and acclaim I seek but a thriving business to create a financial cushion for my husband that has faithfully supported me and the kids. Help me to know how to charge my clients fairly. Let each new day bring forth opportunity to serve You by serving them. Help me keep a humble heart and serve each client with love and compassion.

Lord, I desire to serve You in all I do and I will commit myself to that end daily. I ask now for forgiveness for all my undesirable ways. I want to thank You, Lord, for giving me the gift of writing and ask that You forgive me for wasting it all these years. You have been remarkably faithful to me; help me be more faithful to You. I want to write not only for providing for my family but to entice people to want to read and know more about You. To help people come to know You, Lord Jesus. Father, I ask for more of You in me…

Giving You all the praise and glory! Amen.

Me

No comments: