Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Rolling With the Flow

Fresh off of vacation, I’m thankful to be settling back into the more familiar routine of my daily life. The down time was great (except for computer illnesses) and I enjoyed the time with my Honey but somehow I always felt like I was waiting for something. Not sure what, just waiting……..maybe I was waiting to get back to normal. Whatever that is.

I missed the writing most! I just cannot write when my Honey is around. No matter how quiet he tries to be, even if he’s just sitting on a couch minding his own business…my mind’s eye follows him. Accustomed to being alone during the day, just having someone else around is distracting to my writing efforts. Maybe it’s lack of self-discipline on my part. I don’t know, but regardless, I’m happy to be back.

Yesterday was the last official day of vacation. My Honey opted to spend that day in ‘slug mode’. We stayed in our jammies all day, ate when and what we felt like, watched movies, took naps and just reveled in our slugdom. It was good.

Today it felt awesome to don work clothes and shoes and head to the computer. I’m looking forward to productive writing time. I pulled out and dusted off my writing business plan; placed it at eye level on the wall from a sitting at the computer view point. I think we need to remind ourselves from time to time that we have goals to which we aspire, helps us stay on track. However, as I sit here in my home office, I can hear the siren songs of all things needing my attention. Don’t they realize I have on my work shoes? Leave me alone and let me be creative!

Perhaps I am fighting a losing battle this morning. Maybe my mind would be free to write if I were not bogged down by all the nagging “To-Do’s”. Life just requires attention whether we want it to or not. My time may best be served by surrendering MY PLANS and taking care of the business of life today so I can be mentally unencumbered tomorrow. I’ll order the medications; get caught up on laundry, stock the fridge and pantry and just get our home life back on track. That is as much my job as writing.

New plan…..honor today as Transition Day.

No comments: