Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Deliberate Day of Thanksgiving

Ahhh, Friday, my favorite day of the week. Thank you, Lord, for giving me another Friday!

Fridays are my deliberate day of thanksgiving. I give thanks every day but make a point of taking time each Friday to reflect back on the week and list the ways I saw the Lord working in my life. It amazes me to count the little things He does that I might not recognize at the time as His handiwork. That's why I have a ‘deliberate day of thanksgiving.’


While this a wonderful time to acknowledge His works in my life, it's also the time I reflect on MY works that weren't so great; confessing the areas I may have stumbled and fell and acknowledging opportunities to show a more spirit-filled example but didn't.

So, to say it is a bittersweet experience is very accurate. It keeps me honest with myself though. First listing His mercy and handiwork, then confessing my weaknesses and sins, asking for forgiveness is a cleansing, refreshing time.

If you don't have such a specific time for doing that, you might try it and just see how the Lord draws you up close, kisses your wounds and smiles on you. This is one habit I will carry throughout the rest of my life.

No comments: