Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just FYI

My long blog drought is nearing an end. My computer fell victim to the technical virtual version of swine flu and was hospitalized till fully recovered. This was a traumatic time for us both! Computer was being probed and poked in every nook and cranny. I was suffering sever withdrawal symptoms! Finally able to bring it home, just in time for my Honey to go on vacation.

A trip we had planned and waited for was canceled due to health conditions. Mine, not the computer's. We were so disappointed. The silver lining, however, was that allowed us to spend time with my favorite Auntie and attend her 75th birthday party! She looked beautiful and happy. Seeing her like that made it all worth while. Also got to see a sprinkling of cousins and put faces to names we hear about.

My Honey is still home, living the life of luxury.....if you call pulling the radiator out of his work truck luxury. Old Red has been a blessing to us for many years. She's old, beat up from a 2002 hail storm, has more miles than she should. Guess we should rename her Timex. She takes a licking and keeps on ticking! She's a 1990 Chevy S-10 we bought used from my brother in 2001. The A/C rarely works, the radio doesn't work anymore at all. We've put a seat cover on the tattered bench seat. Rather like putting lipstick on a pig. However, while she's down for the radiator extraction and replacement, we are treating her to a new thermostat, too! Happy days! One day, I hope to be able to take my hard working man down to a truck dealer and tell him to take his pick of the bright shiny new trucks all lined up. He works hard to support me and the grandkids we had living here. Old Red has her share of duct tape and bailing wire holding her together but we are hoping her new radiator brings some new life into her. Heck of a vacation we have going on here!

Tonight is Date Night. That simply means we will go out for dinner & a movie. My friend, Helen Honey, is treating us to the dinner; we're using the gift card to Olive Garden she gave us on our anniversary. Thanks, again, Helen Honey! You're a sweetie! Date night is about as socially active as we get these days. It's usually all about home, work, church and back again. I have vague memories of a social life......maybe I was dreaming, who knows?

Anyway, I try to make my time and attention available only to my Honey when he is home; thus the prolonged blog drought. I can't write when he's in and out, asking questions and needing things; so I focus on him while he's home. This is the system that works best for us. He has assured me he will return to work on Monday.......I wait with baited breath. Europeans take month long 'holidays', I do not know how they stand that! We are just taking a week and I'm ready for things to return to normal. Heck, I'm ready for school to start and we do not even have kids living here any more! Why does it seem normal life revolves around the school calendar and trash pickup days? What a sad commentary that is! 'Normal' is relative and I'm ready for my Honey (husband type relative) to get back to work, the writer in me is screaming to get out!

Till we meet again next week........be a blessing to those around you!
Lynn

No comments: