Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Tap in the Night


'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS; Acts 2:17
If you read this blog with regularity, you know I often mention the ‘holy taps’ on the shoulder I get from God when He points out a lesson He would have me share. Last night, it came in a dream. I am confident it was from God because the holy tap came with it; waking me just enough to make it known this was to be for this morning’s post. I love hearing God speak to me through the Holy Spirit and using me to share.
The dream was about a football helmet. I know, sounds ‘out there’ but remember, He had me use clarified butter for an analogy a few years ago. I’m not a huge football fan; this isn’t something I would be pondering in my subconscious. I’ve learned not to question it, just let Him take it where ever He pleases.
In the dream, the football helmet was lit up as if a spot light shone on it. It was being worn by a player in the game but this player, like the others, was not the focus. It was the helmet. Helmet of Salvation? Perhaps. I could see in the dream that this helmet was a source of protection as the player was tackled over and over, sometimes ending up at the bottom of a dog pile. It amazed me see the brutal punishment this player was able to withstand because of the helmet.
What saddened me was to see the injuries he sustained under the helmet. His mind was confused by the constant blows to the head. He was disoriented and stumbled about as he stood time and time again, blow after blow. I wanted to cry, I abhor violence and it seemed this player was taking a beating. Blood trickled down his face from under the helmet. Still, he played on.
At one point it seemed the helmet grew larger and you could better see the injuries under the helmet. It wasn’t that they were large, just that there were so many!
So, this morning I asked the Lord to revel to me the meaning of the dream. I ‘felt’ the Holy Spirit show me that the other players in the game are the forces in the world that come against us time after time. The helmet was his faith that protected him when he took those blows over and over. His ‘faith’ helmet grew as he played on, increasing faith. The smaller injuries under the helmet were injuries caused by others under the faith, the Church. Though they seemed small, they were numerous. My spirit was quickened as this was revealed to me. It is true; people in the church hurt one another. The injuries may be hidden under the helmet of faith but they are there. I smiled when I realized that no matter where they come from, attacks on us cause pain, confusion and injury. But, like the player, we can keep getting up and play on because, we, too, are covered by THE BLOOD.   

No comments: