Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Too Much to Keep to Myself


Genesis 12:2-3 “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

When most Christians hear those words, we automatically think of God speaking to Abraham and Israel. These words apply in a practical way to us today as well. God’s blessing Abraham was not just to expand his boundaries and fill his storehouses. This passage says twice he was blessed and he was to be a blessing; all peoples on earth would be blessed through him.
The same is true today. The Lord has done so much for us! He has blessed us with so many things, the most important of which is His mercy! He has bestowed us with so much grace! He has allowed us to come into His Kingdom and be a part of the great things He’s doing!
Sadly, some think of material things as the outward evidence of blessings. I know for me, I can only stand up straight because God blessed me with salvation and forgiveness. I am no longer doubled over by the weight of my sin and shame. I can hold my head up and look toward Heaven to the One who blessed me. When I lie down at night, I am blessed with peace knowing He and His angels watch over me. When I wake each morning, I know I am blessed with another day to revel in the glory of His love and creation around me. I am the recipient of His perfect love just as I am. I’m not required to dress myself up in hopes of being good enough. I need not speak with eloquence to think my prayers worthy of His attention. I am blessed beyond my wildest imagination with an all encompassing love by the Most High!
Just as Abraham, God made my name great when it was written in the Book of Life. I am a Princess, daughter of THE King. I was blessed and I will be a blessing by sharing His provision of mercy, grace and salvation. My Lord, my Provider is very personal to me while being available to ‘all peoples on earth.’ What kind of daughter would I be if I hid my Father’s blessings away selfishly? I want all to know they, too, can be adopted into the family! His blessing me enables me to share with others.
             God blessed me with a desire and ability to share Him with others in writing. He blessed me with a heart of compassion for those spiritually dying. Your blessings are YOUR blessings, unique to you as God saw fit to provide you. Your blessings are yours to share, just as much as mine are for me to share. You won’t have to look far to find someone among ‘all peoples’ in need of whatever it is He bestowed upon you. You were blessed to be a blessing to others! God gives freely to us so that we may give freely to others! Let’s not be afraid to give out the blessings God has granted us! Share God’s goodness! To whom much is given, much is required!

No comments: