Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Will You Love Jesus More?

One of my all time favorite Christian songs is ‘Will You Love Jesus More?” by Phillips, Craig & Dean. I remember well the moment I first hear the song. I was driving in Austin, Texas and put in a tape my friend, Donna, had loaned me. It was an awesome album but this song cut to my soul and wrote its message on my heart as surely as if by God’s finger itself. It remains the cry of my heart to this day.


The chorus asks the questions...

Will you love Jesus more
When we go our different ways
When this moment is a memory
Will you remember His face
Will you look back and realize
You sensed His love more than you did before
I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more


If we are to leave any kind of legacy or inheritance to our children and their children, this should be the one we pray for the most! My Honey has a heart’s desire to leave an inheritance to our familial generations, what better than the love for Jesus?! Money and properties will come and go and it only takes a few unwise decisions in care and maintenance to cause them to disappear. But loving Jesus is an eternal gift that never fades or runs out or is moved by the economy or political party in power. To pass that on is an inheritance and legacy above all else. I can say in confidence that it was my grandfather on one side and my grandmother on the other that were my childhood influences when it came to loving and seeking the Lord. My memories of her reading her Bible every night and of him preaching in tents in the sweltering summer heat are memories I cherish. Words from the song address this, too….


I'd like to keep these memories
In frames of gold and silver
And reminisce a year from now
About the smiles we've shared
But above all else I hope you will come
To know the Father's love
When you see the Lord face to face

You'll hear Him say "well done"

The calling of a Christian missionary still burns hot in my heart and spirit. I believe that is a calling God gave us all when Jesus said to take the gospel to all people. We start in our homes and with those in our lives but this is a legacy and inheritance we can share with everyone! There is no limit of supply; it is multiplied every time someone starts to love Jesus. There is no such thing as too many people to love! Jesus provides the legacy and inheritance….our part is to share the abundance.


As the closing words of this, my favorite song says:

I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more!

No comments: