Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Light

Ephesians 5:7-14 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them; 8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), 10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; 12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. 14 For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.”

I have an equilibrium issue; there is something whacky in my left inner ear. I’ve had it for over 20 years and have learned to deal with it for the most part. However, when I get careless and don’t pay attention my whole world starts to spin violently and it makes me feel ill. I lose my balance and have to hang on to things to even stay upright. I have fallen if nothing was available to help support me. As simple as washing your hair is in the shower, the leaning back to rinse my hair causes me to get dizzy. I’ve learned to brace my feet against the sides of the tub and keep one hand on the wall before leaning back. Looking up and to the left at the same time is the worst thing about setting it off…so I try not to do that!! LOL

Being in the dark makes it more pronounced and I wobble like a drunken person. I once asked my doctor why the dark makes it worse. He explained my brain and eyes need the light for points of reference in restoring my balance…I need to see which way is up!

Our lives work in the same way. We need balance to keep us upright and walking out our faith walk. We also the need The Light. Since light and darkness cannot exist at the same time we are either living in darkness or living in The Light. We are blessed to have so much access to Bibles and study materials which help understand the value and necessity of walking in His light, the lamp unto our feet!

May your days of darkness be forever in the past as you move and serve in the holy light of God.

No comments: