Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Waiting on the Lord

Psalm 25:4-5 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me: for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day.

What do you do when you don’t know what to do? When life comes crashing down around you, pelting you with heartache, disappointment, pain, and confusion, where do you go, to whom do you turn?

Almost everyone you know will have an opinion about how you should feel or what you should think and how you proceed. Opinions are like bellybuttons, every one of us has one. Some gather more dust than others but largely, they play little role in an adult life. Let others worry about their own bellybuttons.  

For me, I’ve come to know that when I do not know what to do next, the only wise thing is not to do anything. Jerk-knee reactions are born out of fear and highly charged emotions. So I wait. I wait for my God to give me direction and intent of purpose. I’ve already confessed confusion, and confusion is not of God, so why make decisions when it is obvious my state is not from God?

I know and believe my steps are ordered by God, so any sudden moves off the path He has me on would be foolhardy. I will stay the course of His planning until He changes that course. I will wait for the wisdom and guidance I know he will send me. I will stand on the knowledge of His love and purpose for my life. I will wait on the Lord and not be swayed by bellybuttons.

James 3:17 (HGSB) But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruit, unwavering, without hypocrisy.

That is the wisdom for which I wait. I know God has my best interest at heart above anything we can comprehend. His ways are higher than our ways and we cannot always understand or know His reasons. But this I do know, “…on You do I wait all day.”

No comments: