Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

May I Have This Dance?

Psalm 94:18-19 (HGSB) If I should say, “My foot has slipped,” thy lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, thy consolations delight my soul.

Each morning I receive via email a daily scripture. It is the first thing I read while I wait on the coffee. The scripture above was my blessing this morning. It was from a different version of the Bible and I looked it up in my Hebrew-Greek version. Oh how wonderful it is to know the comfort and joy referenced in this verse!

My foot has slipped a bit lately as I deal with chronic physical junk. Adding sleep deprivation to the mix makes one less capable of coping well. This morning I slept till 3:30a and woke ecstatic! That was a whole 5 ½ hours of uninterrupted sleep! I woke up simply because I woke up, not because pain gave me no choice. As sleep left me peacefully instead of jerked violently away, I lay very still, almost afraid to look at the clock. For the better part of the past week, the longest I had slept was 1 ½ hour, days of 15 minutes were more the norm. Yet, this morning I found myself waking slowly, stretching, and giving thanks for the true luxury and without a single pain. I praised God for such a gift! When I looked at the clock and realized I had slept through the night without waking even once, I was jubilant! Yes, it was 3:30 and that may make a lot of you moan but, for me, that was a full night’s rest free of pain and interruptions.

And then, my scripture waiting for me… Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
  
God’s has supported me through the ordeal, and I was aware of His presence through it all. It is the only way I make it through. When we are our weakest, He is the strongest in our lives…if we let Him. But even when we stubbornly hang on to our fierce determination to think we are holding up ourselves, He is there. Our physical bodies are mere clay vessels subject to a myriad of assaults. They are, however, not our only weaknesses; it can be a host of issues. It doesn’t really even matter, the crux of the issue is this…weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning….Thou has turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; that my soul may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever.

I pray, Friends, that whatever burden you are currently facing, you feel His arms around you. They are there; we simply need to rest in them. Cradled in the knowledge of His faithful lovingkindness we can give over our anxieties rather than having them take us over. I encourage you to share my Hallelujah dance with me this morning. There is plenty of joy to go around. Is my ordeal over? No, but we are to give thanks through the times of trials and I am certainly all for celebrating each step along the way. Come on, dance with me!

No comments: