Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Joy in My Lord

I am thankful to God for His love and the promise of eternal life through Jesus Christ!

I attended a funeral where the person speaking never used the word Heaven. He spoke of many things that contradicted my faith and it was the saddest funeral I’ve ever attended. Sad because their belief was that the dead were dead – body and soul; death was the enemy.

I am thankful that my Jesus defeated death! I am thankful that I will dance on the streets of Heaven and join a chorus of praise when God takes me home! I am thankful that I do not fear death for those reasons.

I do not have a full knowledge of the faith to which my relatives subscribe, nor do I understand all the implications of death as they see it. I will research and study to better comprehend their faith but I sat in that funeral service saddened for my extended family’s loss and saddened that they were not experiencing the comfort we know as Christians when we lose someone that shares our faith. 

I have to say, I was moved to tears to see people I care about cry in their grief but some of those tears were for all they do not know and understand about what Jesus did for them. I was very thankful to have Jesus as Lord of my life and Finisher of my faith.

No comments: