Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Postcard from Heaven


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me and I will listen to you, you will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Yesterday, I received an email from a woman dear to me and this Scripture verse was the foundation of the message. It resonated in my heart and I kept going back to it. I wrote it as the screen saver on my work computer. I wrote it on one of my spiral index card notepads and I wrote it on paper in front of me. This happened over the course of the day. I could not get it out of my head.

I've come to recognize when God is trying to tell me something, so I made my spiritual ears and heart available to Him. I asked Him to help me understand what He wanted me to get from this.

I had a revelation one day as I was writing. The book I am writing is a Christian fiction novel. My heart is to share Jesus with others. It struck me that my calling to serve the Lord in the mission field had evolved into serving as a missionary in print. That moment of revelation turned into comprehension, which led to acceptance that fueled motivation. It was a momentous spiritual awakening. A point in time and an event I will not forget.

I am working diligently to finish the book and, admittedly, am intimidated by the publishing aspect. I have little knowledge about it. I've researched and read advice from published authors. Still, the more I learn about the process, the more I know there is yet to learn. No snapping of my fingers and presto ** a published book**. Darn the luck.

Then, at a time when I struggled to make sense of the unknown, I received the email with those words: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me and I will listen to you, you will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Isn't that just like God to reach out to us in our time of need in a way can we relate. I believe God used my dear Lady to send a message to me, to place it in front of my eyes until my head and heart realized it was Him sending me comfort and encouragement. This, Friends, is yet another reason we need fill our lives with God's people; He uses them to minister to us even when they do not know. We are His hands and feet to use at His Will. I am thankful for the reminder from God and thankful I have godly people in my life that serve as His messengers. What a blessing!

No comments: