Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dream Song

This is the dream I had last night:

I worked in a facility that had the feel of a large hospital. Music played as people were coming and going through double swinging doors and long halls. At one point a young man that appeared to be in his late teens or early twenties hesitantly came through the double doors closest to me. He would step through then have a change of mind and turn around and go back. This happened several times; each time he looked more troubled. After watching this and pained by his obvious doubts and hesitations, I approached him and asked if I could help him. He looked at me with eyes of caution and suspicion. I tried to reassure him that all was well. He shoved a folded piece of paper at me and stood back. His demeanor was partly defiant and part embarrassment.


I opened the crumbled, folded paper and read the handwritten note; it said his family owed a debt. I told him we had someone he could talk to about it. It was a large debt and I felt that was why he acted ashamed. He shook his head no; he was not willing to talk to anyone. I explained that he could start making things right by simply talking to the person; arrangements could be made for the debt if he would just go talk to them. He darted off down the hall and out through the double doors again. Time and again I would catch glimpses of this young man. It was as if he could not help himself; he kept coming back but just could not commit to talking to anyone about the debt.


Finally, I took him by the hand, holding on tight, and walked him through the double doors. I did not let go though he pulled against me. Though music still played, the halls were different now; they were lined with gurney like beds with people in different conditions. Some sick, some in parts, like half a person or just body parts on the bed but it wasn’t scary. The young man clung to my hand tightly; he asked about those in pieces. I told him they were the broken people and they came to be fixed, made into a whole person again. We walked up to a desk and I told the woman in charge that he wanted to make arrangements for his family debt. She said that was simple to do and as he relaxed, I left him with her.


Later, I would still see this young man in the halls; he was working there now, too. He was busy with a purpose and he was happy. One day he came through the double doors with my dog, Chelsie. She is the epitome of love and compassion, wanting nothing more than to lay her head in your lap and looks at you with pure love in her eyes. He took her from one broken person to the next; smiling as she would lay her head and front legs on them, like a hug. He would wave when he saw me and move on to the next bed.


It was at this point I woke up. I lay in bed thinking about the dream; it felt so real. I asked God if He was trying to tell me something. In my spirit I still heard the music. I had slept in the guest room with our puppy in bed with me. He was struggling and cold, so I slept with him under my arm; still snuggled against me, he had slept peacefully all night. I felt the Lord say He was same way with us, though we are broken and dirty He tucked us under His arm and we sleep in the warmth of His love. Music still resounded in my soul. I listened to the harmonies and only then could hear the words that filled the halls of my dream and the depths of my spirit, “Home again, welcome home again. My child, you are always welcome home again.”

No comments: