Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Jingle Bell in the Junk Drawer


Yesterday I was searching for a particular screwdriver. Not finding it where I thought it to be, I went on the hunt. This included The Junk Drawer. Every home has one or two, so you know how that can be. By the time I got to the junk drawer I was fairly frustrated; this search was delaying my project in progress. I needed to be resting after the long drive and stressful concern for Jake. I needed to be, but I wasn’t; I was determined…no, driven to do my stupid project and I needed that stupid screwdriver! That’s when I heard it…a jingle bell.

The tinkling sound of a jingle bell in June will catch your attention. Turns out there was a jingle bell in the junk drawer. Not one of those little ones either like my mother used to sew on my petticoats when I was a young girl, although, that would have been weird enough. This was a decent size lone jingle bell. Jingle bell in hand, I felt the holy tap. I was neither resting my body nor my mind as I went thru the crazed motions of searching for a screwdriver. God didn’t use a 2X4 to get my attention, He used a jingle bell.

Mark 6:31a And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. 

Exodus 23:12 (KJV) Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind."
 
Our earth bound bodies are God’s creation and it is our job to take care of them. When we stay too busy, physically and mentally, we are in jeopardy of running them down and sapping all the strength available to us. Not one of us is soooooo important that we are exempt from God’s intent and plan. I don’t know why or how the jingle bell came to be in the junk drawer, but God can and does use anything He wants to make a point. Slow down and listen for God’s message; you never know how it will come but it will come!

No comments: