Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Hurt and The Healer


The Lord uses all sorts of ways and means to minister to us. Worship through music has long been used to praise and honor Him. As I write this I have background music of many birds greeting the new day and it’s beautiful. In my spiritual eye I see angels and man alike singing praise to God on High and I am moved to tears. Music can uplift, encourage and serve as the healing balm of Gilead to wounded hearts and souls.

A new song by the Christian group, MercyMe, ministers to me in such a way. Today I am sharing the lyric of the song. It is a love song to Jesus. (I’ve edited out the repeated verses.) My prayer is that you find comfort in it, too.

THE HURT AND THE HEALER by MercyMe
Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn’t come from the explained
Jesus please don’t let this go in vain
You’re all I have
All that remains


So here I am
What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering


I’m alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide


Breathe
Sometimes I feel it’s all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through


It’s the moment when humanity
Is overcome by majesty
When grace is ushered in for good
And all the scars are understood
When mercy takes its rightful place
And all these questions fade away
When out of the weakness we must bow
And hear You say “It’s over now”


Jesus come and break my fear
Awake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here
When the hurt and the healer collide
When the hurt and the healer collide


No comments: