Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's Dance


Lamentations 3:22-23 The Lord’s love never ends; his mercies never stop.  They are new every morning.

I reference this scripture often in Truth in the Morning because it is so vital to my faith and how I get through each new day! Without the knowledge I had His everlasting love and fresh mercies to wake up to I know I would have more trouble sleeping and less enthusiasm for getting up in the mornings. I never take it for granted though I know it is written in scripture, therefore I can count on it being there, but rather I ponder it, wallow in it, revel in the awesomeness of it and thank God daily for it. I need it like I need air to breathe.

Have you noticed how people like to compare themselves to other people when it comes to sin? It’s as if they justify their own sin by thinking it isn’t as ‘deep a shade of sinful’ as the other guy’s. Guess what…when it comes to shades of sin, God is colorblind. It is either sin or it’s not. It’s like being pregnant, either you are or you aren’t. There is no such thing as a little bit pregnant nor is there a little bit of a sinner. For this reason, my Friends, I need God’s fresh new mercies every morning! I am a sinner. I do not set out to be but I know that I am. So are you. That, too, is in scripture. Here is a little Truth in the Morning for you…
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
 
Yet we have the promise of The Lord’s love never ends; his mercies never stop.  They are new every morning. This is why I do the ‘Thank You, Jesus, Happy Dance’ and talk about His fresh mercies so often. Come on, try it! You know you need it…

No comments: