Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Faithful Friday


I Thessalonians 5:16 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

If you have read Truth in the Morning for any length of time at all you have heard me talk about my habit on Fridays of looking back at all God has done in my life during the week. It’s a good habit for me because it helps me focus on the good and see how it overshadows the not so good. God is faithful to carry me through even the worse of weeks and situations. If that alone is not worth giving thanks and praise for, what is?

We all have times we focus on the ‘weeds’ in our garden of life. Sometimes we see weeds everywhere we look. Sometimes we only see weeds! But even weeds can have flowers. There is beauty and life and joy out there to see if we take our eyes off the weeds long enough to notice. Most wild flowers are weeds, by the way, yet we wait each spring for them to color our world. God is faithful to provide.

I have decided to now call Fridays – Faithful Friday. I will still make the time to look at all God has done in my week and give thanks for His faithfulness. How can you look at His faithfulness to protect, provide and forgive and not be thankful? I choose to give thanks for the flowers and the weeds. Sometimes it’s hard to tell them apart. Thorns do protect the roses, don’t they?

No comments: