Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Be Both Blessed and a Blessing

Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word appropriately spoken. Proverbs 25:11 (CJB)

Do I believe in the power of blessing? I certainly do. I’m excited because it matters the God we serve is the Author of all blessing. He alone is the Source of blessing and His Word is a vital resource for which there is no substitute. Nothing encourages, nothing soothes, and nothing breathes hope like the Word of God. As we bless with the Holy Scriptures, we are able to
sow the Living Word into the lives of others in order to bring God's blessing upon them and facilitate their transformation into His image.

 May we generously speak blessings so that we might all become instruments of affirmation in God’s hands.

We are wrapping up this study today with…what else(?)…blessings. I’m including examples of different blessings as a reference/starting point for all who are interested in developing the practice of speaking blessings into the lives of others and need ‘training wheels’ to start. The Holy Spirit will guide you and you certainly have the Bible as your ‘instruction manual’ so I have no doubt the training wheels won’t be needed for long. You’ll be blessed by blessing others, a win-win new lifestyle!   

Author’s Note

I just spent the better part of two hours researching and compiling a list of blessings to share. Then it hit me, by simply sending out a list of prepared blessings, I was cheating anyone who simply used the list and did not spend time in the Word. I was swimming in it, feeling encouraged by it and buoyed by His words touching my heart and spirit. I NEEDED to hear and read most of them for myself this morning, and He blessed me for seeking them out.

I decided I could not take that same anointing from anyone else, so I will not be copying the list here this morning. You, my Friend, must make your own journey and treasure hunt knowing the Lord will lead you to the Scripture He wants you to read and apply into the your life as well as the one you speak a blessing over. I leave you with these words…

May you be blessed with a heart that causes you to seek the good of your people and may you become one who speaks for the welfare of his family/community/church/nation (Esther 10:3).

No comments: