Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Retire? Not a Chance!


Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Zechariah 2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.

Two inspiration scriptures this morning! I can see with my spiritual eyes a scene of believers ablaze with the Holy Spirit singing, dancing and rejoicing around a camp fire as they commune with the Lord in their midst! It’s a joyful time of fellowship after sharing the message of God’s grace and salvation through Jesus Christ. What better aspiration than fulfilling the task with which we are commissioned? A celebration of divine nature between all that is Holy and the devoted worshipers determined to fulfill the call. Glorious!   

There is so much written on how to get organized, how to set and achieve goals and/or how to get rich and retire financially secure. All great tools for our time on this earth but they pale to nothingness when held up to the light of what is promised when we follow, honor and depend on God. In pushing forward to the goal of spreading the message of Jesus we are laying a foundation of faith that no man or economic downturn can touch. 

Retiring financially secure is becoming less and less attainable here on earth in this day but ‘retiring’ is not a factor in the heavenly realm. We will spend our time in worship and whatever assigned position we are given in God’s Kingdom. My thought is that we will not care about retiring from anything in heaven! The only ‘how to’ book we need is filled with all we need to know to reap the greatest reward of all, an eternity with Christ! 

O God, I want to begin this day You have given to me in worship and dependence on You. Help me keep my eyes on the goal of completing the task You set before me, my ears tuned only to Your voice and my heart in a constant state of worship so that I may reach others in Your name.

No comments: