Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Attitude of Consequence

Psalms 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and saw that she had only three hairs on her head. “Great,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today.”

So she did, and had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. “Hmm,” she said, “I guess I’ll part my hair down the middle.”

So she did, and had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only one hair left on her head.

“Wow,” she said, “today I get to wear my hair in a pony tail.” So she did, and had a wonderful, wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that there wasn’t a single hair on her head.

“Thank God!” she exclaimed. “I was running out of things to do with my hair!”

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be so full of gratitude to the Lord that we took that approach about everything?! We do have the choice to decide to be grateful or miserable. We decide everyday how we approach any given situation. If we choose to live with an attitude of gratitude we have our hearts and eyes focused on the source of all we have or need. It’s amazing how very little material things we really need yet it is often a source of misery for those that look around at what they do not have. Their eyes are not focused on our Provider but on TV commercials, their neighbor’s ‘things’ or what they want to accumulate. None of which they can take into heaven…or where ever they may end up. A good attitude adjustment and some spiritual eye examinations can work wonders.

ATTITUDE is everything! Let’s be grateful for the things God has given us and have a wonderful day!

No comments: