Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Heart Trusted in Him


Psalms 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise Him.

Reading this verse, I had a visual of myself standing behind the giant shield that is God - singing and dancing with joy while the ravages of life and ugliness of sin raged on just beyond the shield. With child-like abandon, I was free to express my heart without fear, self-consciousness, condemnation or anxiety though all around chaos sang her own siren song. What glorious freedom we have when we stand confidently behind the shield.

There is always something banging at our door to grab our attention, to steal our time and peace. There is no shortage of opportunities waiting to accost us with distractions and despair. Typically, we meander beyond the shield from time to time only to come scurrying back when those fiery darts come flying our way. What we fail to realize is that there is nothing beyond the shield that we are not capable of enjoying and receiving benefit of behind the shield. Everything we need, want or can imagine is waiting behind the shield and strength of the Lord. Oh, what foolish children of worldly desire we are when we begin to let ourselves think there are more enticing tidbits waiting for us just outside the shield…..
 
Today, I will dance and sing praise to the Lord of lords, my King of kings in the courtyard of His strength, protected by His shield. Won’t you dance with me?

No comments: