Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Walk On, Head Up - Revisited

Good morning, Friends....

The posting this morning is a look back at some thoughts previously shared. If you've read this before, I hope you will use fresh eyes and ask God to show you a concept or insight you may have missed the first time. As we move toward the New Year, I look forward to sharing any and all the Lord gives me to write.

Blessings on your week!

Lynn

Walk On, Head Up - Revisited

This is the start of a new week. New opportunities, new challenges. I am determined not to let the 'nay sayer's' in my world affect my efforts. Remember, for every one person that stands in support of you, there will always be at least five others telling you that which you have set your sights on is impossible.

Apparently, they don't know God. I'm 5'3" tall & 55 years old so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out I'm not physically strong in my own power. Look in any direction and you'll find multitudes with more education, better looking, all kinds of gifts I don't possess having apparent success. I live in a tiny village between two small communities in a small house on top of a small hill. We live a simple life with none of the common 'toys' some believe are necessities. When you add all that up in the world's economic system, I don't look like much of a driving force. Between the three of us, Me, Myself & I, not one of us is very impressive at all. And that's ok! I don't have to impress or reflect worldly success. My God, though not visible with the human eye, stands beside me in every endeavor I undertake. I've learned the difference between what I want and what He leads me to do. So, since I have chosen to do what He wants me to, I can walk with my head up, full of confidence. It's not confidence in my plan or my abilities; it is confidence that He is there and in control.

A little over seven years ago I stood in a hospital hallway not knowing whether my husband was alive or not; though no one I knew was in sight, I was not alone. My heart ached to know what was going on with my Honey but no one seemed to be able to tell me. I knew God was the reason I was standing upright and not in a puddle on the floor. That day has been repeated four other times and God never failed to show up to hold me up.

When you step out in a new direction, even one ordained by God, expect all kinds of folks to laugh out loud. They may have known the person you were before God; they may know the skeletons in closets you moved off and left a long time ago. Scoffing, doubt, disbelief, nay-sayer's all around! They can't hear the marching orders from the Lord; they can't see He is in charge and you are simply the worker bee. You may be rejected, lied about, challenged and dismissed. People will give you no credibility what so ever. You can't help that, you don't serve them; which is usually their biggest problem. I know this because all of the above has happened to us personally.

When you stand on the Rock, your feet are planted in Him and He is always there. We do not have to be strong, He is our strength. We do not have to be clever, He is all knowing and His wisdom is above anything on earth. We do not have to be good looking, His glory shines through us. We do not have to live in a fancy house, we're going to live in His house! No matter how large the enemy looms at any given moment, God is bigger.

Yes, we can walk in confidence. All we really have to do is be willing to submit to the Lord and then walk in the light of His glory!

This is me, confidently and courageously facing this day!

No comments: