Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Another FOGgy Day


It is a foggy day at Hacienda Hill. I can’t see across the street much less my beloved view of the distant hills. I know I said I was going to start back with ‘Truth in the Morning’ on Monday but God sent the Holy Tap on my shoulder as I stood looking out the front door. His ways are higher than my ways and His plan was different than mine. So here we are…

When I woke this morning it was still dark out but the fog was evident as I stepped out the back to let the hounds scamper to the potty run. It looked eerie and intriguing to this writer and my mind took off on various story lines to fit the scene. I entertain easily, can you tell?

It is brighter now and the density of the fog is more obvious. I feel quite comfortable and safe in my home though shrouded in fog, yet I know there is a whole world out there which is not. Some of that world is beautiful and wondrous. Some of it is dark and dirty. I can hear the sounds of workers doing their job on the rail line in the valley across from me. From a hilltop advantage you hear many things. I can’t see them but I know they are there.

My life is going through a foggy time right now. I can’t see what is on the road ahead of me but I know the same God that sends the Holy Taps is looking at His big picture for my life and has His hand on me all the time. Just as with the sounds of the rail workers, I hear things out in my unseen future…questions of my own, questions from others…even whispers of doubt both human and not.
 
For my life I have chosen a new credo inspired by this morning’s Holy Tap. FOGFaith Only, God. I will walk my life out; come what may, in faith only. Not my plans or schemes, neither my time table nor yours, but solely and completely in faith only. I profess this to God and you, here and now. I will not walk in darkness but I will relish the FOG.

No comments: