Bible Verse of the Day


2 Peter 1:5-8


For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Truth!

Today we celebrate the 1st anniversary of the launching of Truth in the Morning blog! I remember that day well. I had set a time-line, a deadline so to speak, for getting the blog launched and, thanks to God’s grace and favor; it launched two full weeks ahead of schedule…that was exciting for me. It represented my commitment to God to honor His commitment to me. God alone is to be praised and honored.


I believe and know in my heart of hearts that any ability I have to share Him through the written word is because He gave me the gift and love of writing; then and only then could the desire to serve Him with those gifts manifest into anything at all. First, He loved me, and then I loved Him. Any gift from God to be used for God is to His glory. God is a god of order not chaos; which abounds when we get the order askew.


God’s giving continues as He teaches me and reveals to me that which He would have me share with others through Truth in the Morning. I have never proclaimed to be a theologian or expert on anything, most especially our Creator, our Lord and/or the Holy Spirit. I simply and in plain language share the life lessons God gives me to share. This is possible only because I have learned to wait on Him and His direction rather than my own purposes. I attune my ear in anticipation of His direction…more commonly referred to in the blog as ‘the holy tap on the shoulder.’ Was I not purposely listening and expecting the ‘holy tap’ I might miss it all together. You may recall I am sometimes perplexed, even bewildered on occasion, by the subject I am given to write on but when I trust Him to lead the writing, I know He will pull it together in spite of my finite mind and limited skill. He is the author; I simply put my fingers to work for Him on the keyboard.


One more thought about the setting of a deadline to launch the blog….to be of any use to God in this endeavor, I had to be right with God. I set a deadline because I know my limitations as a flawed human being. You see, for years God had prompted me to ‘get about my Father’s business’ and use the writing to reach others. I had started an internet devotional group many years ago that lives on today due to the perseverance of my friend and fellow ministry student, Art. I have written training materials for taking people out in the mission field, Bible study materials, daily devotionals I sent out and other forms of writing. All good things, I’m not saying this was bad on my part. BUT, though it was all ‘God stuff’ it wasn’t THE God stuff He was prompting me to write. I pacified myself by thinking I was doing enough. However, any form of disobedience is still disobedience. Until I stopped trying to make God’s direction take me where I thought I should go, I was walking in disobedience. I had to ask for forgiveness for insisting on my own way and then set about with purpose and determination to follow His leading alone. The first step after acknowledging my sin of disobedience was to make a Business Plan to keep me on track with ‘doing my Fathers business’. The rest fell into place when I first got right with God.


The life lesson today: This isn’t Burger King, you can’t have it your own way. When you serve THE King, it is all His way or the highway. As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!

No comments: